As an additional feature to help our membership detect potential fraud, we offer text alerts for fraud monitoring on Beacon Debit Cards*.
Fraud Watch, our fraud monitoring system, is constantly working to detect suspicious activity on your Beacon Debit Card. When a suspicious transaction is detected, Fraud Watch will contact you to verify. This quick detection of unusual activity provides you with an extra layer of security, so you can rest assured we’ve got you covered.
Text message alerts come from 20-733 (format of number dependent on carrier and device)
- Make sure we have your current contact information so you can be reached if fraudulent activity is suspected.
- In addition, contact us when you plan to travel. This helps avoid potential blocks on your debit card.
If a charge on your account seems suspicious, our system sends a text message with details about the suspect transaction.
- Simply respond YES to confirm the transaction, or NO to flag it. If it’s flagged as a fraudulent charge, you’ll receive another message for follow-up.
- Text message service runs from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm in the cardholders’ time zone. If you have an email address on file, you will be automatically signed up for email alerts that will cover notification 24 hours per day.
Activities that may trigger a text:
- Purchases out of state. (Be sure to tell us if you’re traveling, so we can flag your card.)
- Transactions with a larger dollar amount, or a series of larger dollar amounts, than you typically spend.
- Purchases at a store you haven’t frequented or visited in the past.
Keep in mind that you may not receive a notification each time you find yourself in one of these situations. Fraud Watch predicts the probability of fraud by comparing current transactions to current fraud trends, and reaches out when something seems suspicious.
It’s easy to sign up – just call (800) 762-3136 or visit your nearest Member Center location.
*Messaging and data rates may apply. Check with your cellular provider.