The Beacon Credit Union Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) charitable foundation and the philanthropic arm of Beacon Credit Union and is funded entirely by the credit union. The foundation is a separate, independent legal entity, incorporated in Indiana and operated by a Board of Directors comprised of Beacon Credit Union employees and directors.
The foundation reviews applications twice per year (January and July). Application deadline is November 30 for January consideration and May 31 for July consideration.
- Organization must be tax exempt under 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Codes. Supporting documentation in the form of the IRS determination letter (IRS Letter 1045), IRS Form W-9, and your EIN number are required.
- Organization must be based within the communities we serve, with money staying in those communities, without being processed by a national organization.
- Organization must be in operation for five years or more.
- Organization must be in good financial standing.
- Organization is non-discriminatory for any reason, including race, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation and/or national origin.
Exceptions from these criteria may be made in situations of large-scale crises, such as national disasters.
Minimum amount for grant submission: $2,500.00
The Beacon Credit Union Foundation does not provide financial support to the following:
- Programs, projects or events that benefit specific individuals
- Religious organizations unless the program is a secular community outreach program benefiting the community at large (e.g. homeless shelter, food bank)
- Political organizations, campaigns or candidates
- Parent/Teacher Associations and Organizations
- Athletic or School Program Booster Associations
- Fraternal Organizations
- Fundraising events
- Reduction or liquidation of debt
Donation Submission Procedure:
Donation requests must be submitted on an application form and mailed to the Foundation as a hard copy. Any other form of application or manner of submission is unacceptable and will be rejected. The complete downloadable Donation Application, including the Funding Request, Donation Guidelines and any other pertinent documentation can be found at www.beaconcu.org/beacon_foundation
All requests will be reviewed and evaluated on an individual basis by the Foundation Committee. Grant funding meetings will occur on a semi-annual basis (January/July). Application deadline is November 30 for January consideration and May 31 for July consideration. Organizations not receiving a grant may re-apply the following grant cycle. Organizations receiving grants may apply again one full calendar year following receipt of their grant.
Required Documents for consideration:
- Grant Application
- IRS Form W-9
- 501(c) (3) letter (IRS Letter 1045)
To complete the application, download the application documents to your computer, complete application, print, and send by mail with all required documents to the foundation at:
Beacon Credit Union Foundation
P.O. Box 627
Wabash, IN 46992
Application Review Timeline:
- Applications are considered at the regularly scheduled Selection Committee meetings.
- The Selection Committee will review and provide recommendations to the Board.
- The Board will review the recommendations and select the recipients and amount to be awarded.
The Beacon Credit Union Foundation precludes any discrimination on the basis of race, disability, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, or any other protected classification. This policy applies to all activities of the Beacon Credit Union Foundation, including but not limited to employment, selection of volunteers, funding, donations, purchasing, and selecting vendors or consultants.