Grant County Project Spotlight Winners
1st Place: Services for the Visually & Hearing Impaired
2nd Place: Marion-Grant County Senior Center
Random Draw: Grant County Rescue Mission
- Grant Blackford Mental Health – Help Grant Blackford Mental Health Center provide vital mental health services to families and/or individuals who are in desperate need of help. There mission is to provide comprehensive clinical consultation and treatment for people with emotional, mental, behavioral, and substance abuse problems as well as provide timely crisis intervention. Grant Blackford Mental Health also known as Cornerstone located in Marion, Indiana next to Marion general Hospital provides trusted service for both Grant and Blackford counties.
- Grant County Rescue Mission – The Grant County Rescue Mission is a faith-based non-profit that provides shelter and addiction recovery services to men, women, and children in Grant County and the greater north central Indiana area. They also have a food ministry in which they offer three meals a day to both residents and anyone in the community who is in need of a hot, nutritious meal.
- KAPPA, KAPPA, KAPPA – The organization provides gifts at Christmas time to adults and children in our community who are developmentally disabled or who live with severe and persistent mental illness. The contribution would make it possible for KAPPA to provide gifts to people who may be forgotten during the holiday season. During that time of year many people feel left out which compounds an already stressful and lonely situation. KAPPA, KAPPA, KAPPA will partner with local agencies such as Carey Services and Grant-Blackford Mental Health to pass out gifts reminding these people they are valued and cared for.
- Marion Community School of the Arts – Celebrating more than 20 years of arts education and enrichment, the Marion Community School of the Arts was incorporated in 1995, and began providing six classes of art instruction in the basement of the St. John Lutheran Church in Marion, Indiana. After seeing tremendous growth, and several location changes, the Marion Community School of the Arts acquired a large downtown building on the courthouse square in Marion, Indiana. The Community School of the Arts has grown to serve students from Grant, Wabash, Blackford, Delaware, Madison, Howard, Hamilton, Johnson, and Allen Counties, and offers over 100 classes, a pre-professional theatre company, a pre-professional dance company, a recreational dance company, a variety of private music lesson, the CSA Arts Academy-a partnership with Marion Community Schools, and the Art Scholars Program, a scholarship program for students needing financial assistance. Enrichment opportunities include original and Broadway productions, community art partnerships, and the Student Performance Series – public, private, and charter school performances.
- Marion-Grant County Senior Center – The Marion-Grant County Senior Center strives to enhance the quality of life for Grant County Senior Citizens through social, educational, recreational, nutritional, and health programs.
- Services for the Visually & Hearing Impaired – Services for the Visually & Hearing Impaired is a non-profit which serves Grant and Blackford Counties, and other counties with clients needing assistance. We provide services in several areas: Counseling (personal adjustment, communication and interpreting); Special Vision Programs (support groups for the visually impaired and their families); Independent Living (Braille classes, sign language classes, and devices to assist our clients in activities of daily living); Prevention (vision and hearing testing, especially in schools); Education (in-service programs for schools, nursing classes, and nursing homes, presentations for clubs and civic groups, Insight newsletters for the visually impaired and Soundoff newsletters for the hearing impaired); and Financial Assistance (for income qualifying clients who need assistance in obtaining glasses or hearing aids). We partner with Indiana Wesleyan University and Ball State University for internships and client hearing aid services.