Jackson County Project Spotlight Winners
1st Place: Southern Indiana Center for the Arts
2nd Place: Anchor House
Random Draw: Jackson County United Way
- Jackson County United Way – Based on the Community Conversations from 2016-2018, Jackson County United Way has been focused on helping the county achieve its aspiration of: becoming a community where people choose to live and one were we work together for solutions for neighbors and generations. In order to do this, we’ve been hosting 3-5 block parties in neighborhoods across the county. The support from this Project Spotlight will create a fun, family friendly event with nearly 1,000 door hangers inviting neighbors, with free food, and games. The support from Beacon would allow a logo and website/phone number on the materials inviting neighbors to attend and get connected to additional services (if needed).
- Southern Indiana Center for the Arts – Southern Indiana Center for the Arts provides a stimulating and welcoming environment for all students, artists, and patrons of all ages to study, practice, and appreciate the arts. Together with community leaders, corporations, members, and individuals we are working toward the goal of providing the best resources for promoting artistic achievement and cultural enrichment.
- Community Provisions – Feeding the hungry of Jackson County, IN in the name of Jesus Christ
- Anchor House – Anchor House was started in 1991 by a group of caring community individuals that helped homeless individuals find housing. We moved into our current location in 1996 and have become a vital player in housing and feeding the citizens of Jackson County.
- Turning Point – The mission of Turning Point is to work towards the prevention and the elimination of domestic and dating violence.