The Reloadable Debit Card
Beacon Credit Union has partnered with PayCard Connect to offer a Reloadable Debit Card program called PayCard. What is a PayCard Reloadable Debit Card? It is a MasterCard branded debit card that can be pre-funded with your money and used to make purchases or withdraw cash. The card is reloadable, meaning you can deposit money onto the card over and over again. It is not a disposable gift card.
Ways to Use a PayCard
Your PayCard can be used worldwide wherever MasterCard is accepted. You can use your card to make purchases in person, online, or over the phone. You can also use your card to get cash at virtually any ATM in the world or by using the cash-back feature at retailers. Due to increased fraudulent activity, Beacon Credit Union does not permit Beacon Credit Union Debit Card or ATM Card transactions from several countries including Mexico. With a PayCard Reloadable Card, there are no restrictions on where the card can be used including those countries restricted. PayCards are also part of the MoneyPass ATM network, the nation’s fastest growing surcharge free ATM network. Here are some of the more popular uses of a PayCard:
- A PayCard is great for traveling, particularly internationally.
- If you have a student at home or in college that you help support or to whom you provide an allowance, getting them a PayCard to access their money is a safe, inexpensive and convenient way to send them their money and monitor their spending. The minimum age limit on a PayCard is 13 years of age, and the child must have a Social Security Number.
- If you are looking for ways to budget your everyday expenses, maintain a separate account for “personal”, or other money management reasons, putting a set amount of money on a PayCard is an inexpensive, safe way to manage your money.
- If you regularly transfer money to a relative internationally, getting them a card and using it to transfer the money is safe, more convenient, and less expensive than money transfer services.
Ways to Fund Your PayCard
There are four ways to fund your PayCard:
- Transfer money from your Beacon CU savings or checking account. You can set up a one time transfer or recurring transfers.
- Payroll direct deposit from your employer
- Cash deposit at your nearest Beacon CU Branch.
- Transfer money from another PayCard.
You can have any amount of money on the card that you want.
Spending and Withdrawal Limits
You can withdraw up to $1,000 per day and you can make purchases, including cashback for purchases, up to $2,500 per day.
How to get PayCard
Simply stop by your nearest Beacon Credit Union office and fill out and submit an enrollment form. It will take 5 to 7 days for you to receive your card and Personal Identification Number (PIN). There are no monthly or annual fees, no costs for purchases.
Apply for a PayCard
Come into your nearest branch location to apply for a PayCard today!
You have round-the-clock protection against the increasingly savvy perpetrators of debit card fraud. That's because the debit cards we issue are protected by FraudWatch® PLUS.
Find an ATM
Find Beacon-owned and surcharge-free ATM locations.
ATM Usage Notice: Restrictions in Foreign Countries
Beacon Credit Union restricts the use of the Beacon Debit Card or ATM Card transactions in some foreign countries. Details and country list.